Greetings, Parents and Students,
Seniors planning on attending college directly after high school need to complete and fill out their FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). I will be heading up another FAFSA Night in the Library for all interested parents of students that are in 11th and 12th grades on February 20th at 6pm. Please come with questions as I will have answers, and can walk you through the necessary steps for you to get your child college ready!
- 1st Step to completing FAFSA is applying for a FSA ID: You can do this by going to : https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa/filling-out/fsaid – The FSA ID has replaced the Federal Student aid PIN.
- You will need to start this process first before you can proceed to filling out the FAFSA application.
- You will create a username and password for your FSA ID.
- You will need to provide an email address and password, and verify that you are at least over 13 years old.
- You will need to enter personal information, including Social Security Number and date of birth.
- You will need to include your mailing address, email address, telephone number, and language preference.
- You will need to answer five challenging questions.
- Submit your FSA ID information.
- Agree to terms and conditions.
If all can work towards completing this step, the rest is easy. I will be distributing handouts and explaining differences between grants, loans, and government funding streams. We will also be discussing scholarships and colleges in Idaho: what they have to offer, perks, and incentives for students, etc. Those that are interested please call the front office and RSVP so that I have an accurate count of those that will be in attendance. Please attend with your child if possible as they are also a part of this process.
~ Joy Kaplan