NOPE. This is not what most of us want to do after a long work day. But it’s ONE NIGHT that could dramatically impact your child’s collegiate future…aaaaaand it’s JOY KAPLAN!😀 While no one can make the dispensing of this dry info fun and exciting, JOY will at least make it pleasant and entirely bearable. Plus, SNACKS AND RAFFLES! Snacks and raffles make everything better!☺️
All parents and students from GFA or ANY SCHOOL are welcome to attend! Including HOMESCHOOLING families!
⏰PLEASE RSVP BY MONDAY AT 12:00pm so we can provide enough snacks. Simply email email@example.com to reserve your seats.
Come with all.your.questions! Here are some of the topics that will be highlighted:
• Learn about colleges across Idaho
• Explore the importance of college & Career planning
• ACT & SAT Deadlines
• Price of colleges & Private University Incentives
• Learn about FAFSA & how to apply
—–> 🎟 There will be a raffle for a chance of winning several gift cards! ALL who attend will receive a ticket to fill out and enter!
WHO: Joy Kaplan, GFA School Counselor
B.S. Psychology, Criminal Justice
WHAT: LOADS of Information about planning and deadlines, as well as specifics on HOW to apply for Financial Aid.
WHERE: GFA Library from 6:00-8:00pm
WHY: Because (spoiler alert!) College is VERY EXPENSIVE and you don’t want that to keep your child from the opportunities they deserve!
**SNACKS WILL BE PROVIDED**
Greetings, Parents and Students,
Seniors planning on attending college directly after high school need to complete and fill out their FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). I will be heading up another FAFSA Night in the Library for all interested parents of students that are in 11th and 12th grades on February 20th at 6pm. Please come with questions as I will have answers, and can walk you through the necessary steps for you to get your child college ready!
- 1st Step to completing FAFSA is applying for a FSA ID: You can do this by going to : https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa/filling-out/fsaid – The FSA ID has replaced the Federal Student aid PIN.
- You will need to start this process first before you can proceed to filling out the FAFSA application.
- You will create a username and password for your FSA ID.
- You will need to provide an email address and password, and verify that you are at least over 13 years old.
- You will need to enter personal information, including Social Security Number and date of birth.
- You will need to include your mailing address, email address, telephone number, and language preference.
- You will need to answer five challenging questions.
- Submit your FSA ID information.
- Agree to terms and conditions.
If all can work towards completing this step, the rest is easy. I will be distributing handouts and explaining differences between grants, loans, and government funding streams. We will also be discussing scholarships and colleges in Idaho: what they have to offer, perks, and incentives for students, etc. Those that are interested please call the front office and RSVP so that I have an accurate count of those that will be in attendance. Please attend with your child if possible as they are also a part of this process.
~ Joy Kaplan
Financial Aid Information
Click here for a list of Financial Aid websites.